Wednesday, September 26, 2007

First Glaze Kiln

Julie and I loaded my first kiln. I felt much better about the process this time around..knowing I would need help and it just felt better. I also understood where I could help and not...and so the discomfort was markedly less. And I am sure someone will be around (at least I am putting it out there...) on Friday when I can unload it...And Julie helped me document it by taking some photos...so here they are-










There were four layers and this is the smallest kiln in the studio, which worked perfect for me. I also have an understanding now of how much work I need to make to load this kiln... Again exhausted from the past couple days getting into the studio after working all day to finish glazing everything. But now eagerly anticipating Friday......

No comments: