Sunday, September 2, 2007

First photos of work

I have been working since March to develop a cohesive body of work. Since June, my teacher of 4 years, Amy Sanders http://theretherepottery.blogspot.com/, has encouraged me to take the next step and photograph my evolving and developing body of work. It has been on my list of to do. I have been asking and looking around, not finding the right person. Suddenly this morning, over breakfast with friends, it came together. The photographer was in town, she brought her camera, the friend's borrowed studio was available. With a 1:30p session scheduled, I set about selecting 20 pieces to bring to the session. I was excited!!!

Back at the studio looking at all my work, it was then I started to have doubts. 20 pieces are hard to choose, I first realized. Should I include other work?, which is starkly different. What about pieces I really liked from the past years, but have not explored, but could...Then I began to have other doubts. It will be $350.00 for the session, that is a chunk of change for me. Maybe I should wait. I am developing new pieces...on and on. But my friend Anna said: Do it.

So I meet with Amy tomorrow morning prior to the session. She can help answer these questions.

And then off to the session...and I am told that it will be 10 minutes per piece. 20 pieces...so that is about 3 hours!!!


(Two pieces on the left made it to the session!! Should I include the Dia de los Muertos Skulls pictured on the right?)

1 comment:

Elaine Spallone said...

Who is shooting my work? Diane Davis. Her link:

http://www.dianedavisphoto.com