Friday, September 14, 2007

My teacher's solo show

Liesl and I went to Statesville to the Iredell County Museum http://www.iredellmuseums.org/to see Amy Sanders' http://theretherepottery.blogspot.com/first solo show. It is worth a visit!! Check out some of her work- this was both Liesl and my favorites called Soon? 1,2 & 3...









Saw lots of friends from Clayworks: Ron Philbeck http://pottersjournal.blogspot.com/ , Julie Wiggins, Penny and Alyssa, who are no longer at the studio but still practicing in their own home studios. Penny said, "Take the leap!"

and here is Amy with me and her pieces in the backdrop, one of which I purchased - very exciting!

Liesl and I had a great conversation afterwards...one of the things she opened me up to was finding a way to bring in an exploration of a spinal cord injury-- how that affects me moving through this world, moving through time...and how we all have our own specific physical way of doing it.....and exploring that aspect through clay (of course!)

And it is odd to me that it came up..in that I have been wondering how to bring that into my work. Having a SCI is so physical in its demands and way to interact with this world...so I have some great ideas percolating after our talk...we will see what happens in my work!

2 comments:

Amy Sanders said...

Thanks so much for coming out to the show. It meant a lot to me to have friends there for support! I like that picture of us- may I have a copy?

Elaine Spallone said...

Amy,

Photo on the way. I loved being at the show! I think someday we should do a teacher student show...