Saturday, October 27, 2007

Day of the Dead event at Pura Vida

It was a cute event at the store. A huge alter was made with food, flowers, and lots of other items. Really colorful. In the back of the store many artists were represented with different types of work...and my skulls. Becky and Liesel from the studio came by, and so did Amy Sanders, but I missed her because I left about 5 minutes before she arrived!!! Bummer.

It was great to everyone stop by and be so supportive. Here is a photo of Liesel and me next to my pieces- the little guys on the stand...and some on the shelf. They look so small!

So first outside of Clayworks event down....and the skulls will be on sale through December, I am curious as to how they will do...

Now that I am thinking more about it, I am not sure what I was feeling while there...shy? because on the alter were some of my skulls, and I did not even take a photo!! Weird. I will have to return and capture more images...especially as it is a first!

2 comments:

Jen Mecca said...

Elaine - That is very cool...congradulations! I know that was a great accomplishement( every opening is) I hope you sell, sell ,sell to some good homes! Jen

Becky said...

A very special night, Elaine! It was wonderful to be there & to see your work displayed in the context, the spirit, in which it might originally have been conceived? I'm sure this event will be the first of many.

I look forward to the next!