Sunday, October 21, 2007

Kiln was ready!

What a surprise. Here are some photos...

Not sure where I am going yet with these larger swirling pots...but I really like working with the Terra Sig and enjoy applying the oxides on them...what is it all about? I don't know....

Unfortunately my camera insisted on new batteries midway in taking these photos...so I did not get a picture of the insides of these pots, which are really nice..stay tuned for more.

One last shot....the Letter Series....much larger than what I have been doing-as you can see by the little pieces next to the large guys....next I will apply a clear glaze to them and fire again, and part of the words will blur, which I love....all part of the memory, time communication thing I seem to like to explore....

1 comment:

Chris Barth said...

Hey, I used the cup you gave me when I was there. I made tea in it...when I poured the boiling water in I noticed some cracks in the glaze, but nothing too bad. I didnt put it in the dishwasher though. I doubt I will. How much would it cost me for a whole set of cups and bowls? I love the one you gave me.