Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Large letter pots

Finally some photos of the larger pots I am making....my red thumb for size.....
It was harder at first to write larger, so my first line is a bit awkward, and then I get into the flow of it...so here is the first letter pot....
Here are a few others - small one's again, that fit in the palm of your hand. I am playing around with terra sig and oxides underneath and sanding them. This photo really does them no justice because there are layers of information available...subtle flowing and textures to see and enjoy.
The sanding I love and happened upon "by accident" tonight. I had applied some pink terra sig on top of the white and felt it was too much. After sanding them, I found a whole new sense of memory/time and history in my pots. Looks like they are weathered ...which is something I love...for instance, I love people's smile lines- and wrinkles in their faces...I love barns for their ability to stand time and look beautiful in a field -weathered. My favorite picture frame is one made out of old barn wood, that my brother made...all weathered and stunning!

3 comments:

Ron said...

I like the larger pieces Elaine. The idea of sanding is a good one. Layering.
See ya soon.
Ron

Anna said...

They look great! On a shallow note, I did notice the very nice manicured nail pointing out the very cool large letter pots.

Elaine Spallone said...

Thanks guys. Hey you can't just have any finger pointing at those pots! ;-)