Wednesday, October 3, 2007

More work from the kiln

So I have been sitting with a lot of the work...getting to know it. Here are some more favorites...

This piece below, and about 6 others like it, I am really pleased with...the faint lines on the surface come from the inside surface design. I am exploring memory, time, communication....what we show, what burns through, what remains hidden inside,what does it look like when viewed....This piece is no more than 3 inches across nor high, fits in your hand nicely. And they are really nice to hold, very light and thin, like an eggshell.

Some more shots and angles-

See some of the designs inside these tiny pots.
And here is one of my favorite Letter Pots. The one up front. The ones in the back, I am not as thrilled about...still nice, but not the effect I was hoping to achieve. I was experimenting and so am learning about the glaze...I really like it to be creamy colored, not black and see through. Trying to blur out the writing.....
And here is the latest I am working on ---new pieces for the next kiln....This guy is huge compared to the little pinch pots I have been making that fit in your hand. This is part slab, coil and some pinching. Check out my hand at the bottom for size...I am really excited about trying the same writing technique on the surface....

No comments: