Thursday, October 4, 2007

The tallest pie ever

No clay tonight. Baking for my Dad who is visiting tomorrow. Check out this apple pie, I think it is the tallest one I have ever made. It had to be special, he is turning 60!! My pies are famously good- it is all about the apples. No matter the height, it always falls almost even with the pie plate....the never ending, we hope, quest for a pie that keeps a nice height....

Before the crumb topping.....
....And after.......yummy.... and made some little ones with extra apples-










4 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, Elaine! That is the biggest apple pie I have ever seen!!!! It's as big as the new pieces you're working on! And it looks far more lickable! Happy B-day to your Dad! I know he's going to enjoy his visit...and that wonderful pie!

Who are the baby pies for? *hint hint* ;)

Jen Mecca said...

Holy smokes, I have never seen such a pie!!! (I was just going back and forth about making some pie plates for the sale next weekend and after seeing that pie you made, I think I must! Jen

Ron said...

That's a big 'un!

Elaine Spallone said...

Hey all- yea it really was huge...and yummy. And Jen I think special pie plates are needed for a pie like mine!