Sunday, November 4, 2007

Annual pie day

Third post tonight--after nothing all week...trying to catch up!!

For the third year in a row, my friends Lee and Steve and I had an annual pie day. Steve and I both bake pies- and talk about how each person's pie is better than the other - and I have to seriously reduce my apple amount ...as there have been pie juice floods in the past and that is not nice when using someone else's oven!!

Lee just sent photos so here are some highlights from the the pie day. And a photo of Lee and Sue-

Sue was a huge help this year..peeling and coring apples. And the final shot of the two pies...mine is the taller one of course! But to see the real deal see this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Love the pie day -that is awesome! I am impressed with all of the apples that must have been cored to make those pies! Yummy!

Elaine Spallone said...

At least 11 or 12 apples...thanks! It was yummy.