Friday, November 16, 2007

Pre and post bisque kiln

I spend a lot of time on my pieces for the first firing which is called bisque firing. Applying oxides, writing on them...here are some photos of the pieces before firing....

Here are the mugs with crocus martis on them, ready for me to now write many letters to Jim!
And here they are after the writing... and then the last photo...after the first firing....
I had a couple people ask me when writing on the pots, if it is the same thing over and over or different. As in any letter, the only thing that is the same is the opening, Dear....which is always Jimmy. And then the letter is different.
I just write what is on my mind. It could be the day I have had, or something on my mind. Sometimes I find myself asking him questions, and I don't like it, because he is not going to answer. So I focus again on sharing about my life and how I am feeling. I feel connected to my brother afterwards. In a physical present moment type of way. Sometimes I wonder if would he have listened to me if he were here, or sometimes I will hear him respond as if he were around....
He used to love to say to me, "you are out there" or if someone was around, "my sister, she is out there." Because I use organic products, or like acupuncture...stuff like that. I can just hear him respond at times during my letters. another great one was if I was stressing, or fretting, or upset....he would say, relax....or chill out dude. I hear that too.

No comments: