Thursday, November 8, 2007

Work to do

The last two nights were really productive at the studio. Unfortunately, I keep forgetting my camera!!! I am learning how to make a lot of work, so the kilns I have signed up for...the smaller ones, I am not even sure will be large enough now!!! Wait until you see the new skulls....big wall hangings.....I am excited about them. Tomorrow I will finish up one and will post photos.

I have been sort of out of it the past week, not posting much. Will return to the swing of things. I -through much deliberation and consideration- have accepted a new job with Chamber Music at St. Peters as their Executive Director. I am very excited about this opportunity. New challenge for me and I love the organization.

But today was hard because I gave notice at the Red Cross and there are a lot of people I am connected to, so it is hard knowing we will no longer be working together...
As usual keeping in the clay studio keeps me centered balanced renewed energized...all the good stuff. So I plan on spending a good chunk of the day there tomorrow (day off) and then I get a massage.....nice!!!
Here is a photo of my cat Euphrates who is acting really old suddenly. She looks so tiny here, she used to be an 18 pound cat!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats on the new job, Elaine! I know you put a lot of thought into your decision and I'm sure you'll be happy in your new position. They are lucky to have you!

How old is Euphrates? She's a beauty!

Anytime you forget your camera and I'm there, I can take some decent pix for you with the iPhone. I'd be happy to do it.

Enjoy your Friday at Clayworks! I'm envious!

George said...

On to bigger and better.....congratulations on the new gig, Elaine. Love to get together and talk sometime. And I hope to see some of your pottery work in person sometime soon!

Elaine Spallone said...

Many thanks ya'll!! I am excited.
Elaine