Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What not to wear at the studio

Yesterday during the kiln unload, I stopped by in my work clothes, which are not good choices in the studio. by the time I left I was covered in clay dust from the floor. I am terribly messy as my hands push the wheels and the wheels touch the floor. So everything I touch is covered with a fine light brown dust. A photo of me admiring the new skull, and a photo of Becky and Sue--the Great Kiln Unloaders!!


See Sue's hand covered in clay...I know she wanted to put her hand right on my jacket...but she held back!!




4 comments:

Becky said...

Susan's nose was smeared with slip too. :) It was a great day, made even better by being able to help unload your wonderful pieces! Hope to see you there Sat or Sun. They unloaded the gas kiln this morning; I'm chomping at the bit to get over there and see how my cave critters turned out.

Tales of an Artist & his Travelers said...

The 3 messketeers. It`s always fun unloading a kiln. I`m always excited to see what worked and what should have. Out here in Arizona dust is always everywhere, I barely notice the pottery dust anymore.

Tales of an Artist & his Travelers said...

A post script to my last comment...
I enjoyed the picture of you looking at the new mask, very exciting isn`t it. I wonder what kind of a spirit that mask took on.

Anonymous said...

Love that jacket! On a totally superficial note -it is a great color for you! Also, I love the pieces that you are working on -the colors are gorgeous.