Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dia de los Muertos Skulls

The skulls wanted to be larger. I thought I was making a larger bowl form, but I had the sense it wanted to be a large skull. (Listening to the clay is something again in my awareness because of a new blogger friend that I call artist traveler.)

So here is a photo of the form...next.... bringing it personality. So exciting!!

The skull next to it is a recent addition from the last kiln and is there for understanding the size of the larger skull...

6 comments:

Tales of an Artist & his Travelers said...

Wow, now that`s larger. I can`t wait to see how it turns out. When you relax and let go, your hands will follow your feelings. If you start to struggle, throw a wet towel over it and look away for a while. What a wonderful skull this one will be.

Jen Mecca said...

I totally forgot to look at the skulls the other night!
I like the mask that Becky is holding up. I can see a big wall instilation!jen

Becky said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the personality emerge! As John predicts, I think this one will be a wonderful skull. ( Out of the chrysalis, on to the clay :> )

Tales of an Artist & his Travelers said...

How`s the new fellow drying? I`m anxious to see the magic you`ll work on him. (or her)

Elaine Spallone said...

I have not been in the studio all week. I too am wondering what this new day of the dead skull will look like!!! I hope he/she tells me tomorrow when I get there! But in case s/he is not ready, I have an even larger one I am making too...or if it is too dry...it will be a bowl. Well, I have not even asked what it wants to be yet...this other form.

Anonymous said...

Elaine -that is one big head! Wow! You will have to do a follow up so we can see how it turns out. I will be curious to see how it will develop into a distince personality. This is Anna -