Saturday, February 9, 2008

New large skull emerges

I was nervous as this skull emerged. I am not used to working on such a large surface...the first one. But I am excited about it. Here is a photo.
And a side view of the butterfly detail...
His expression looks like how I was feeling...a bit nervous about it all and I feel sad today as my cat is having a hard day...feels like notch closer to not being here anymore...here is a photo of my little cat today. She did go outside for a bit, which is nice to have her still enjoy that time.

2 comments:

Tales of an Artist & his Travelers said...

Wow! What a statement. A stunning example of what`s possible when you free the spirit. Like the expanding universe, your ripple is spreading and touching the unknown. Very nice, what courage.

Becky said...

Elaine, I wish I could have been there yesterday to watch you bring this guy to life! He truly is fantastic! When will you give colours to the butterfly?

'Phrates is such beautiful kitty. I'm holding you both in my heart.