Friday, August 1, 2008

Scallops inspired at the studio

Greg Scott was talking about his recipe for scallops, equal part olive oil and butter, garlic saute the scallops maybe toss over pasta. I took that, watched a few You tube videos and had an excellent meal tonight that included a Butter Bomb!!! Oh, but I was playing with my food again, something my parents always told me to stop doing. Finally, 30+ years later, I am back to it!! And these guys love to play around with me. Life Raft is the name.

Ok, this next photo is cool Butter Bomb. Take a bunch of herbs, thyme here, add it to your saute toward the last few minutes, pretty hot pan, it melts the herbal essence permeates, and you spoon the mixture over food, in this case, scallops. Yummy!! And it is such a pretty arrangement!!

The remains......

I love this cast iron pan, by the way. It was my brother's and it cooks awesomely, just like he did.
Time for a bath kids.....

2 comments:

Becky said...

I must have missed Greg's scallop recipe. But it sure looks like you didn't!!! I'll trade you some cow patties for a Studio Inspired Scallops supper w/ Butter Bomb,
any day, any time!

Elaine Spallone said...

YOu are on!! (you over playing with the dog) I need to perfect my recipe....when are you and Fred available?