Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Teapot

This is one of the items from my grandmother's home that I was given. A teapot, and I use it everyday to make a pot of uva ursi tea. I do not know if she got it while overseas during WWII or at some flea market. There is a stamp on the bottom that says Japan. I love using it, knowing it was in her home, and it makes the perfect amount of tea for me.

That Dole in the background is for the Ada Darlings upside down pineapple cake that I learned about from Tom Gray's blog and I am going to make it as recommended in my skillet, that was my brother's!! Hmmm all this nice history and energy from our past that I can still enjoy. the cake is a surprise for some people soon....

8 comments:

T.Gray said...

I'm sure your friends will enjoy the cake!
Blessings-Tom

Becky said...

Dare I hope that this might show up on a Saturday coming to Clayworks soon?

It's wonderful to use pieces our loved ones have used.
Precious connections.

Big Al said...

Like you, when I use bowls or pots that my family had before me there is a connection. I think of the things cooked, times shared and the passage of memories to each generation. Thanks for sharing. Grat pot by the way! Now, if only I could get a taste of that cake...or at leat the recipe!

Elaine Spallone said...

Big Al, click on the link to Tom Gray's blog...you will find the recipe there.

Jen Mecca said...

Elaine,
Could our plaths be anymore stanger...you are not going to believe this but I have the same teapot from my GRANDMOTHER! I did'nt read your post yet because I was going "NO WAY"! Anyhow, do you think it come from Syracuse china? All my grandmothers stuff is from there.
Too Funny..ok , i'll read you post now. Jen

Jen Mecca said...

One final note, I know I've said it before....those babies kind of freak me out! I may have a dream tonight about them marching on my head! Jen

cookingwithgas said...

Hi- I just have to chime in here to give credit to the Upside down cake to my Grandmother-in-Law. I love it is making the rounds. She would be happy to know.
Plus- I have a pitcher and tea size cups to match your teapot- giving to me by my mother-in-law from her mother who is the one I recieved the Pineapple upside down cake recipe from.
It was such a surprise to see it- the very same pattern. If anyone finds background I would love to know.
Six dgrees!
M

Elaine Spallone said...

How funny about this teapot. Obviously a popular series among our grandmothers!!!! I am curious... I am so excited to try this pineapple cake, and love that I know where it came from. I will post images of everyone enjoying it.