Thursday, October 16, 2008

Photo of big bowl

Thanks for the beer John, not that I enjoyed it at all, but it came in so handy for size reference!! Working on a large bowl like this has brought up new physical considerations. One, at this size, and on the table, I cannot even reach to the bottom from where I sit. So I need to build a contraption of sorts to hold it my lap to work on it--my lap is not level (I am out of balance again!!)....As it is now, imagine working on your pot with your arms shoulder height...not a good place ergonomically.

You all know this, but making larger pieces is much more physical.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Sheesh!!!! Sooz and I saw it tonight and were both astonished at the massive-ness of it! Now I am depressed and need that beer John gave you. Coz' yours is bigger than mine. ;)

amy said...

That turned out great Elaine. Will it get barrel fired as well, or is it for the gas kiln?

jbf said...

Great pot!

BTW, I only buy the beer for the bottles.

Big Al said...

Now there is a pot I can't wait to see fired. Beautiful size!

JBF...we need to hook up if you only buy beer for the bottles! I'd be glad to help empty them!

Anonymous said...

Hi MerLady -
The book of PI is a wonderful gift - thank you so much - I will cherish it. xxxoooo - Cinder

Elaine Spallone said...

Hi all, thanks for comments.

Amy--I am hoping to barrel fire....but only if there is enough work....