Saturday, November 1, 2008

Barrel Firing Number 5

Our first Halloween Barrel Firing was a huge success. Many from clayworks participated. And it was fun to see the colors in the fire. Here's a clip of the banter generally found around barrel during the night.





There was lots of work to load, as seen on the cart, and behind, lots of food to eat, as you can see where everyone is gathered!

And later, 12:50am, the costumes arrived, with Becky's sister, Cinder, arriving incognito....and I caught Becky's expression.


More tomorrow...great results for all!!

5 comments:

Becky said...

What a no-holds barred GRAND weekend, eh? Your pieces turned out beautifully!

Linda Starr said...

Barrel firings - yippee, thanks for all the posts and video. I am planning on doing a couple of barrel firings here, but had to wait till winter due to fire danger. I have four narrow barrels, but am looking for a large one and have been saving ingredients to use.

Did all on that cart fit into one barrel?

Big Al said...

Way more fun than waiting for people I don't know, hiding behind masks to come and beg for free candy. Can't wait to see the pots!

Elaine Spallone said...

Hi Linda- yes all the items fit into the barrel....we just pile them up..carefully and with some sawdust between layers. I look forward to your photos and results.

Thanks Big Al....

jbf said...

"Becky said...

What a no-holds barred GRAND weekend, eh? Your pieces turned out beautifully!"

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for letting me hang out with the cool kids. It was a blast.